I would follow their recommendations.  I would be riding a larger if
my legs would grow.  I've been riding a 54 all year but I have an
85pbh(after raising my voice an octave).That's complicated by the fact
that I'm 6' tall.  I used drops and a regular stem (rather than the
recommended dirt drop) to compensate.  Take a look

http://simplecycle-marc.blogspot.com/2011/10/re-review-hunq.html?m=0

You'd have your seat even higher.  I would definitely have gone bigger
if I could, but just couldn't stretch my legs.
All that being said, it's by far the most comfortable bike I've ever
ridden.  I love my Hunq, order now before she changes her mind!

Marc