Adam:

Tubus has a good selection of racks.  The Duo is handy & easy to
install & remove, but does require the fork to have eyelets for its
upper mounts.  I had these added to my Atlantis.  They are mid-fork, a
ways down from the the ones for the mini-front rack.  Tubus also has
other low riders with clamp systems for mounting to forks with no mid
fork eyelets.

I've used a bolt together, cheap aluminum front low rider & found it a
bit wobbly.  Jannd's Expedition series are mid-priced and decently
built.  Nitto, Tubus & Surly all make heavy duty touring service level
gear but priced accordingly.

Whatever you look at, keep in mind it needs to be stiff, solid &
securely mounted to prevent the load from affecting your bike's
handling.

dougP