All of this just about has me ready to pull the trigger.
On a new Calfee with the Adventure set-up.

On Thursday, January 5, 2012, Kelly Sleeper <tkslee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually it was relating to the subject line.. ROADEO or RBI.. then when
the Roadeo is suggested it is treated as being no different than an 80's
whatever.  I disagree with that and that you get the Rivendell ride from
all of those bikes.
> Not a matter of anger or being snarky, just thought it was funny.   I've
seen my wife and she had the xtralight Merlin, and a Lemond.  Both sat
there and were  never ridden after she got the Rodeo.  Eventually she sold
the Merlin extralite.
> Every review I've seen on the Roadeo from other owners on here has been
very positive.    The few short rides I've had on the Roadeo have been
impressive.  Just wish they made won big enough for me.
> Considering is a "swiss army knife" no different than an 80's trek or
just an over priced steel wannabe is ok.. just surprising since we are in a
Rivendell forum.  Figured some other owners would have spoke up.

> Patrick, yes I took it as baiting and didn't think you were serious about
wanting an honest review or thought as you've read the same posts and more
as I have.  I also know that how a bike feels to me may not be the same as
it will feel for you.
> Just as I don't believe a long haul trucker rides the same as an
atlantis.  For me it's a fact I've ridden them side by side... other
disagree.  Take the silver brakes off and put on a dura-ace group, thread
less headset and 700x25 tires and go.
> Bicycle magazine indicated they didn't think the roadeo was smooth enough
when they made the tires hard instead of the pressure that was recommended.

> So as much as I enjoy your posts about your trikes and other bikes and
such.. yes this one felt like a bait people into giving information that
you had no intention of using.  Since you already had the information about
the Roadeo posted on here many times with outside reviews that you've read.
> With the large list of objections and reasons and price to not own a
Roadeo why ask about it even?  That was my perspective on it.  So ya
baiting and funny.. not a slam on you.. just an observation.

> Sure as heck not a word in anger.. see all of this typing to say what I
said in what a sentence.. :)   When I bought my AHH I took a 14 hour round
trip drive to ride one before ordering.  I don't care if GOD himself said
it road great I wasn't spending that kind of money without riding it.
> I'm glad the Country Bike Shop was there or I would have ended up flying
to California to ride one first.