I'm using the Fizik Microtex on my commuter's dirt drop bar. I was
interested in the micro texture contribution for the rain snow, ice
sweat, etc. Works fine. Some fraying of the edges where the material
is wearing away but its been in service for three years, an outcome of
the increased grip.

I use brown cloth tape with amber shellac on my Ram that's my
baseline. In the coldest situations (wearing big mitts not designed as
cycling equipment) the friction is a bit less than other times. Hardly
a complaint, but riding home in the most recent installation of winter
slop here illustrated how important some extra tactile grip is as the
slush/snow at the edge of the wheelpath can suddenly grab the front
wheel. A slip on the bar at that instant could mean an unplanned hard
flop to the left (traffic) instead of the mere deceleration of a brief
detour into the deeper slop which can be gently steered out of to
regain steadier footing.

After letting the dog out and seeing the early morning precipitation I
may have to think about making tire chains for the commuter before
replacing the tape.

ANDY
Pittsburgh