OK, lots of views to this post and to my flickr photos, but no nibbles.  I
get the message that nobody wants these.  I've officially taken them off
the market.  They are no longer available for sale.

The reason they are no longer available for sale is that I have decided
that this will be my first experiment with aluminum polishing.  I worked on
the left crank arm last night with Easy Off for 2 minutes and then about 20
minutes of sanding with 600 grit wet/dry.  There are a couple of deeper
scratches, so I might spot sand with 500 or 400 to get at those, and then
escalate through 600/1000/1200 and then hit it with Simichrome.  If anyone
is interested in that progress, I've posted a few shots on my flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45758191@N04/sets/72157629029341885/with/6761545249/