Thank You Patrick!
I'm not against racing, nor against tome clocks.
I like brevets and enjoy the people. I, too, have enjoyed a long lunch.
It's not racing in the very strictest sense, I am fully aware. But why not
just climb on the bike and knock out the mileage?
I'm always interested in the extent to which some folks will go to defend
their sport, mot unlike when you read the letters in a car magazine after a
test in which the letter writers car didn't fare too well
I 'm a RUSA  member, and personally love the leverage of the clock. It's
interesting and fun.
But in it's own way it 's a race.