Hah!  Glad it worked out.

As a mechanic, that's one of the things that I actually appreciate about
the relative ubiquity of Shimano products...they've stuck with traditional
axles and bearing technology, so it's always possible to service them.
Even their "sealed" MTB hubs are just cup and cone with large seals fitted
over them, and man do they work well.  On my touring bike, I have a 9spd LX
hub that came stock on the bike in 2002.  I opened it up for the first time
around the end of 2010, and by the looks of it I could have gone longer
without overhauling them...there was still fresh grease in there!