I've really been loving the single speeding simplicity of my new-to-me QB,
but it's not feeling particularly quick.
I was expecting a slick, efficient, butter-smooth feel to the bike, but it
seems a bit more like I'm riding through peanut butter. I'm finding I need
to pedal on slight downhills that my Sam and LHT will accelerate while
coasting down. Sluggish is about the only way to describe it.

There are a couple of things I'm thinking, and would appreciate any advice:

1) This is my first experience with an Albatross bar and the upright
posture may be increasing my (already considerable) wind resistance more
than I'm used to.

2) I added a Dos Eno freewheel and it's got a pretty hefty amount of drag.
When I have the bike in the stand, and spin the rear wheel in the forward,
freewheeling, direction the cranks spin right along too. This doesn't
happen with my cassette-equipped bikes. The wheel also doesn't coast (in
the stand) nearly as long as my shimano cassette equipped bikes. Maybe this
gets better over time? It's a brand new freewheel. I had a Shimano
freewheel on it for a while, and the bike felt better, but could the Dos
Eno really be that slow?

3) The Jack Brown Blue/Open Sport wheels on the QB are close enough in
weight to the Kojak/Dyads on my Sam that I don't think I'm noticing a
radical difference in inertia. Tire pressures are checked and fine.

4) This is my first ever single speed (if you don't count the Schwinn BMX
bike I had when I was 12) - is there any trick to setting them up that I
may not be aware of?  I read all of Sheldon's advice on the topic... my
chainline seems fine (wouldn't matter coasting anyway) and the tension
seems OK. The wheel is straight....

Thanks in advance for any help,

Pete in CT
SingleSixtySidepullSam... and Quick-ish-beam