i ride a Bleriot (and a lugged steel Waterford).  Steve P is in Alexandria and rides only steel bikes.  Another friend lives in Arllington, has 10 bikes - one Rivendell, all steel.  And then there are others I know.  A number of the DC Randonneurs ride steel bikes, and there's a couple who live in DC who each have at least 2 Rivendells.  Check out the blog, Chasing Mailboxes.
Joan
Arlington, VA