I always got confused with my low normal, tho' it shifted beautifully (even
if, often, in the wrong direction). I suppose I would eventually have
gotten used to it except that the other derailleurs I had were high normal
and this fact screwed up the learning curve.

A matter of taste and personal mental capacity, I suppose.