On Feb 19, 3:36 pm, "Allingham II, Thomas J"
<thomas.alling...@skadden.com> wrote:
> SimpleOne build coming along, pics
> here.http://www.flickr.com/photos/37542512@N04/sets/72157629391118347/
>
> But what color bar tape?  Newbaum's eggplant with clear shellac, Newbaum's
> maroon with clear shellac, or cork bar tape with amber?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Tom

Looks great Tom!

I've done a more 'economy build on my SimpleOne, but had some high
quality bits from the parts bin.

Front wheel in Suntour Superbe Pro hub to Mavic MA-40 rims.  Great
handbuilt wheel from 1986.
Rear wheel is a newly built Dura Ace track hub to Open Sport rims.
The crank is taken from a 1986 stumpjumper.  I removed the inner
chainring and bought a bash guard ring from
http://www.bbgbashguard.com/superlights.html
It's geared 36/16 now, but I may be tweaking that soon.  It's low
enough to get me up the hill on my homeward commute.  I can spin
comfortably at 17 MPH, and a bit faster for short distances.  I'm not
trying to race this thing!
I had noodle bars, but they just weren't quite right, and have just
switched to flat bars.  Contrary to some notes on the RBW info, I like
flat bars with a bar-end hand grip, but I don't have much distance on
those bars yet.  Beautiful zero degree CrMo bar from Nitto.

I'm a tweaker, so things _will_ change.  I enjoy it now!