I tried to sell this bike awhile back, with no buyers at any price:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/twowheelflight/6221225854

The paint was the weak point. Even an impolite thought would flake off the
lovely candy-apple red. Anyway, as I couldn't get anybody to buy the bike,
I decided to start over.

The inspiration was the brown Schwalbe 26x2.15 Big Apple tires that were
introduced not long ago. And another brand of bikes we sell, Speedhound,
has a color option called "nut green", which is sort of a minty pistachio.
Anyway, as my fantasy evolved, I thought black parts might look nice. I
settled on a SRAM X.9 2x10 group with a 42/28 crank and a 11-36 10 sp
cassette. Hubs are disc-compatible White Industries and Schmidt (disc
compatible for maximum versatility in my current and future bike fleet).
Anyway, thought this might be of interest here, even though it goes against
the polished silver aesthetic preference of many RBW types. In real life,
it's not quite as minty as it looks in the photos from my iPhone:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/twowheelflight/6926890797