On Sat, 2012-03-03 at 21:53 -0800, William wrote:

> Mitch Pryor was also a real good guy.  I admire his earnest motivation
> to keep MAP a one-man-show.  He's young but he's got a wise vibe to
> himself.  Of the young turks I have to say he might be my favorite

The idiomatic definition of the phrase "young turk" is:

        A young person who is rebellious and difficult to control in a
        company, team or organisation.
        http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/young+turk.html

I have one of Mitch's Randonneur Project bikes.  This bike reflects a
conservative appreciation of tradition and classic forms as well as a
very high level of craftsmanship.  It's about as classic as it's
possible to get, and not what I associate with "rebelliousness".

Do you /really/ mean Mitch is rebellious and difficult to control?  Or
did you just use it loosely to indicate a young builder?