NAHBS

Great seeing the few of you I recognized (!) at the NAHBS. I think the "H"
needs to be deleted -- come on, Shimano?!? Mavic?!? Also, the "NA" --
plenty of non-USA stuff there. I'm not complaining -- I thought most of
what I saw there was great. Special mention (by me) to Shamrock -- their
website is "lugoftheIrish"! Also a local SF framebuilder, "Rafael" --
interesting guy -- despite the carbon fork!

Anybody else notice how many wheels have disc brakes? And the Wheel Fanatyx
building/truing stand. Impressive -- and expensive at $2k! A bit
disappointed in the register of the fancy gauges, though. They measure down
to .1mm -- DTSwiss measure down to .01mm, and the stand costs less than
half.

My camera died before I could take any photos, so please keep posting them!

And one final note -- I saw Jon Grant (illustrator -- who, by the way,
designed the "Hands on Wheels" logo) -- recently lost his 5-year-old son
Auggie to Leukemia. He's marketing his drawings, prints and T-shirts to
raise money for pediatric cancer research. He told me Joe Bartoe has his
stuff on his site. PLEASE BUY HIS STUFF. He's an incredibly wonderful guy
-- and it's a good cause!

Rich