*"My 500+ gram 700x 40 Supremes are my light tires"...* yeah, they're mine
too, but I know there are lighter + "faster" tires out there. I was just
fretting the details. In fact, my Hilsen even with a load of groceries in
the front basket and a 40 pound toddler on the rear rack is my lightest and
zippiest bike. Once I shed that weight a few grams in the tires is
insignificant.

So many responses! Thanks to everyone for the advice and the links. Lots to
digest. I've read through everything but will surely go through it all
several more times. My trepidation about jumping into the 100k has been
replaced by excitement. Looking forward to seeing/meeting those of you who
might be there. I'll be the newbie on the 2tt AHH... please say "hi".

--Smitty