Planet bike makes a bracket to mount on racks.  Put a bolt through one of
the middle holes, and tighten it down with a nylock nut and washer on the
inside of the rack.  It's this part - http://ecom1.planetbike.com/3108.html
Pretty sure most lights from Planet bike come with that bracket.  Otherwise
your LBS might have one around to sell.  It will also fit lights from
Portland Design Works and probably a number of other makers.

Was also able to mount a Supernova E3 tail light to the Nitto on my Sam
Hillborne by just using one bolt and having the light offset.

Otherwise it gets to be more of a hassle to get a light mounted on the
rack.  Although it can be done.

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN