I find that carrying my big bikes in/on vehicles is a pain...

They're too tall to fit IN the car -- with the front wheel off, my 67 cm
AHH BARELY fits in the back of my Subaru Outback with the seats down.

They're too accessorized to fit ON the car -- fender or front lowrider rack
prevents using fork mount racks, water bottle cages prevent using downtube
mount racks, fenders prevent using over the tire type racks, etc.

I've always hated hitch mounted racks, though I do have one... problem is,
I don't have a receiver hitch on my Subie.

I did manage to get some of my bikes to work on a fork mount by removing
the wheel tray and leaving just the fork mount bolted to the front
crossbar, and just cinch the rear wheel down to the rear crossbar, with the
bars spaced exactly for the wheelbase of my bikes.   Having the tray
removed allows the fender to drop down below the crossbar, BARELY clearing
the roof, though requiring the mudflap to be bent back.