On Thu, 2012-03-22 at 09:54 -0700, Ryan Ray wrote:
> Well the front fender is attached in three spots but totally off
> center. Unless I hide it with my bag all I can do is be annoyed by the
> off centeredness.

Ovalize the hole at the fork crown so it's centered.

> The rear doesn't have a nice fender line at all and it seems like I
> get rubs all the time. Some times I just wiggle the rear fender and it
> goes away for a while.

Fender has a profile like this: U   Open out the U by spreading the
edges and it will tighten the curve; close in the U by squeezing the
edges together and it will open out the curve of the fender.

One problem you might expect to find on a Rivendell is improper location
of the chainstay bridge.  I've seen one Atlantis where the chainstay
bridge was so far from where it needs to be for a good fender line the
owner used the full length of a wine cork as a spacer.

> They also mounted the back light right on top the stays which looks
> bad. I know that part can't be fixed.

You could move it, and you could fill in the old holes with nuts and
bolts or something.

> Either $60 or $80 for the installation. I can't remember.
>

> My bike might not have been an easy install but if it wasn't going to
> work I would have preferred they just say "Nope, not going to happen".
> Then I could have sold the fenders.
>

> I don't fault them. I'm just looking for a Honjo expert to either help
> mine (which may be past fixing as all the holes are drilled) or for
> the next bike. I'm about to put the 30 year old plastic ones back on
> which is kind of a bummer.

I wonder if one of the Portland frame builders would do it for you.  I'm
told you can ride there on a bike...  ;-)