This may be incorrect, but I recall that a friend who studies Japanese
history once told me that in Japanese there is no "L" sound. If so,
"Lumpkin" could become "Rumpkin". Also there is a picture of a horse on the
sidewall of the Fatty Rumpkins, seeming to suggest that they were named
after Bombadil's horse...

The geeky names Riv come up with are pretty amusing if you ask me.
Sackville bags after the Sackville-Bagginses still makes me giggle.