I'm certainly not moving to Portland, although I had such thoughts in 1996
for a few months.

High living here in San Diego, and even better riding - although most of
you know that.  The shop was doing fine here, but Sky had a grander vision
that lower rents and a pre-constiuted scene facilitates.

Velo Cult will be a fantastic place - all you NW'ners should visit.
 They've worked really hard to build the space themselves.  Steel only.
 Lot of good parts in stock, and plenty of good people.

Happily, we've had a handful of new small shops pop up in town over the
last few months.  Just joined some commuters on a beer run (55 miles and
3K+ feet of climbing) to Alpine Brewery after aborting an SDR 400K at mile
60.

http://veloflaneur.wordpress.com/2012/03/25/the-dnf-lemonade-out-of-lemons/

Esteban
San Diego, Calif.