I'm a big fan of Cyclemeter, use it for riding and walking. It logs
your route (via GPS) and gives you distance, elevation gain, average
speed and fastest speed and if you ride the same route often it
compares your latest ride to you average time for that particular
ride.

I have Cychosis but don't use it as much as I should as it requires
manually inputting your ride data which I usually forget to do.

Strava seems pretty popular with the go fast crowd.