I particularly like the Calendar feature since the iPhone replaces
computers on multiple bikes. I do keep a simple spreadsheet to break
up the miles among the four remaining vehicles.

[Aside: yesterday at the post-liturgical collation a little (2 1/2 --
3 yo) girl came over to sit in my lap and eat my posole. I pulled out
my iPhone to check a date and she asked, "What is that?" I replied, "A
cheap piece of electronic junk" which both amused and puzzled her. She
babbled something like, "I don't want to fight!" meaning, I guess,
that she had picked up something of my dismissive or divisive attitude
toward the thing. I told her that I didn't, either.]

On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 8:41 PM, BCDrums <bcdr...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Another vote for Cyclemeter. I use it with the iPhone. I like that it
> charts my routes, compares this ride time to others on the same route,
> summarizes mileage and other data by day, week, mnth, and year. Have
> never had a problem with it. I had a question, and got a prompt
> response from Support at Abvio. I keep the phone in a jersey pocket,
> though. Not keen on mounting the phone on handlebars. I have left a
> Cateye on the stem to follow cadence, time and distance during the
> ride.
>
> BC
> metered
>
> On Apr 7, 5:16 pm, robert zeidler <zeidler.rob...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> +1 more on Cyclemeter.  Finally a bike computer for any bike, any time.
>>
>> On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Philip Williamson
>>

>> <philip.william...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I just got an iPad, and I wonder how much bike-related fun I can have with
>> > it. It's the LTE version, so it should have GPS ("sure, I know exactly what
>> > I bought"). Are there any must-have iPhone or iPad apps for cycling? I
>> > don't
>> > care about training or calories, but I might if I didn't have to think
>> > about. Mapping would be cool. Terrain maps I can download and use offline
>> > with GPS is something I could use today.
>>
>> > Is there such a thing as a rando bag with a waterproof top pocket for the
>> > iPad? If I made some, is there any interest?
>>
>> > I've never had a phone, and I've been borrowing an original iPad from work,
>> > but this is the first one that's all mine. I'm a photographer (PS Express)
>> > and artist (sketchbook pro), and I plan to use the iPad as a phone
>> > (Talkatone or Line2?). Anything else I should know about?
>>
>> > Just curious and excited,
>> >  Philip
>>
>> > --

Patrick Moore, Albuquerque, NM
For professional resumes, contact Patrick Moore, ACRW
http://resumespecialties.com/index.html

A billion stars go spinning through the night
Blazing high above your head;
But in you is the Presence that will be
When all the stars are dead.

Ranier Maria Rilke, Buddha in Glory