I use both rack-n-panniers and saddlebag (Banana currently; hope to trade a
nice Banana for a Junior) on the Fargo which of course limits suitable
placement for rear lights. I've got a bright flasher clamped to the lower
seatpost and (17" M frame) thus low enough to peep coyly from under the
Banana and over the rear tire AND between the struts of the rack's front
vertical, but this is obivously not the best place. I've got a 2AA red LED
maglite clamped under the left chainstay.

Suggestions for other, better placements, or am I SOL? Lights will have to
deal with off road riding and having the bike stuffed rudely into the back
of a small car, so end-of-rack does not work, at least as tried so far,
since the lights continually get knocked out of position when placed there.

Also, helmet mounting is out.

I do use plenty of reflective matieral, for what that's worth.

Thanks.

--

Patrick Moore, Albuquerque, NM

A billion stars go spinning through the night
Blazing high above your head;
But in you is the Presence that will be
When all the stars are dead.

Ranier Maria Rilke, Buddha in Glory