My gearing is a White double16 -19 and 36x39 giving me a 66,60 and 51
inch gear. I plan on a 22 tooth freewheel eventually for the flip side
for those real long climbs. I usually leave my SimpleOne in the 66
inch gear but my area is pretty hilly so I sometimes find myself using
the 36x19 giving me the 51". Since my gearing is exactly three teeth
apart I don't have to move the axle in the dropout going from the
16x39=66" to the 19x36=51".
 I tried as an experiment to ride a local hilly and flat 15 mile loop
in the 51" at a relaxed pace and while somewhat frustrating on the
flat it wasn't bad. I just found myself coasting a little more than
usual. I think the idea is to find a gear that you can make it up most
modest hills in your area and that you can also spin at a comfortable
cruising speed on the flats with....maybe 12-18 mph. If you are a
'hammerhead' that will frustrate you but its better for your knees. A
bailout gear that is lower or one for headwinds (or when feeling
tired) is nice to have and I use mine about 20% of the time and am
glad I have it.