I don't buy BQ so of course I don't know what they say but ...
It seems that forks will flex as they are loaded and unloaded by
hitting bumps and holes.
With the taper of the fork blade and the bend down near the dropout,
the flexing may be more down there than up near the crown.
If you attach a rack that makes the fork into something more like a
triangulated truss, that could make it stiffer which might affect ride
and handling.
I think that sort of effect would be negligible compared to a large
low pressure tire.