Mad maxesque?  Haha,  no.  It's like my defensive driving instructor told
me "assume everyone else on the road either doesn't see you or wants to
kill you and you will live longer" not the most uplifting advice but on nyc
streets it is a good mantra. Unfortunately there are not many  leisurely
rides around here,  even the parks paths are filled with a mix of clueless
morons and people going for that yellow jersey.  I miss riding in upstate
ny,  trust me.