Thanks for the photos Michael. I wasn't able to put any names to faces (and
bikes) like I'd somewhat hoped, but that's cool too. Kind of maintains the
mystery. :-)

The talk was pretty interesting, but only after giving it a day. At first I
was a little disappointed that it seemed more aimed at Oprah's book club,
while I was hoping more for a sermon to the choir... yeah, I know the book
isn't so much aimed at the choir, but anyone going to hear an author talk
on one of the nicest Saturday's Portland has had this year is I think safe
to assume part of the choir. Or at least knows Grant, knows Rivendell, and
knows the virtues of steel, leather, & cork. Maybe that can't be said for
everywhere, but in Portland, I don't think it a stretch.

The one thing I'll say is that it surprised me that Grant hasn't always
been the "unracer" he is today. He has been as long as I've known of him,
about 2005 or so, but that was a relatively recent conversion of his. Since
I was already more or less an "unracer" when I discovered him, I always
thought of him as an "unracer" and appreciated it that here was a guy
sympatico with myself, and a lot more knowledgeable about it.

So after thinking about it, and realizing that it took Grant
20-some-odd-years to become an unracer, there probably are a lot of people
out there needing to unrace themselves, and probably even a few on this
list.

Regards,
-Allan