And boy are my arms tired.  Out for a late night ride so rode over to
the shore path but by the time I got back my arms were killing me.  I
have been juggling a few different bikes lately but my latest setup is
a 56cm Homer (650b-Hetres) with a 10cm technomic and Albatross bars,
about 1 inch above the saddle.  I rode MTBs for most of my youth then
fixies for a while with bullhorn bars so not sure if it is an issue of
the bars being too close or not.  I finally did a proper measurement
and have a 85pbh and am 5'11" with a longish torso.  I was looking at
a Bombadil so I could stay with 650b and to possibly to try and strech
me out a bit but was thinking that the 52 would be basically the same
as what I have now but the 56 might be a bit tight with standover. Was
told by Rivendell that I could go either way but I  ride in NYC so I
do need to straddle the top tube every now and then at the longer
traffic lights. I cant see doing any actual MTBing outside of fire
trails so not so concerned about bail outs over the top tube. I am
throwing myself to the knowledge of the group here yet again to see if
anyone has some wise words.  Thank you all.