I had the same problem with 650b Marathons on Synergies.  Could NOT keep
them seated.  Had one blow off of the rim a couple of times just sitting in
the garage.  Thought I had them seated, then on a ride one tire blew off
repeatedly.  When I got home I found the bead must have rubbed on a brake
pad during one of the moving blow-offs, and worn some of the rubber down to
the steel cord.  Trashed that tire, removed the other and have never
mounted it again.

Not to blame Schwalbe entirely, some of the early 650b Synergies were made
undersized.  Every tire I have tried fits loosely on those wheels, it's
just that only the Marathons actually blew off.  I have since built a new
set of wheels with Dyads and they are a bit better fit.  Maybe they cut
some 700's short as well?

Bill
Stockton, CA