Hi Rex,

I use mostly two positions on my Albatross:
 - regular (toodle-do, ,look at that bird!)
 - on the flats just inside the bend (I think I can, I think I can)
I have done three centuries so far - no problem, no numbness.

Sometimes coming down steep dirt roads I lock fingers around the brake
levers.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51959000@N08/sets/72157624329734105/show/

Tony