To add to Jan's comment.  Now I don't put fenders on bike if it is not
design for metal fenders (bridge placement, braze on...) I don't like the
voodoo I had to do when I change a flat and when I clean my bike.

For me, a bike design for metal fenders, you should be able to remove them
in 5 minutes and re-install in 10 minutes. Metal fenders is not rare
anymore and we should demand more from builders to do the job correctly the
first time.  Unless they promise to do the fenders voodoo for you when you
have a flat, 1am, cold with a strong wind, and yes, you only have one
borrow tube left.