I think if i get 2 years out of a speedo at a cost of 60 bucks I have
gotten my money's worth, I wouldnt spend more than that on some fancy
cadence setup which I know are out there.  It is just one of those things
that wears out I find, like tires and handlebar wrap. I think that too
often we think things should last "forever" when they take alot of abuse.
Not that something should be total crap but there should be a reasonable
level of wear that I have come to accept out of some things on a bike.