April and October in Minnesota are either glorious and perfect, or
cold/wet/snowy. Flip a coin. If October, your odds are considerably better
in southern MN, but April days are not in frequently wet and cold anywhere
in the state. I went up north in October a few years ago. It was nice
during the day, but sub-freezing at night, and I wasn't adequately equipped
for it. I ended up pulling a long day back to Duluth where I could get a
ride.