I am currently using 46 cm Noodle bars at about saddle height on my
Sam for my 15 mile RT commute. I like the multiple hand positions but
can't say I'm really comfortable with them, so I'm thinking about
giving Albas a try.

If anyone out there has made the switch from drops to Albas, I'd love
to hear from you before.

Beside general impressions, I'm curious how the wider Albas perform in
dense traffic. Also thoughts about Alum vs Cromo.

I am using an 8 cm stem with the Noodles. I'm hoping the 10 cm stem
that replaced will be perfect for the Albas. If so, beside the bars I
would just need brake levers and the Nitto shim from Riv. And grips or
tape of some kind. Maybe $100-120 for the lot.

Any used Albas out there looking for a home?

Jay