Purely as a bystander, I'd say there's not too much risk for you in buying
this bike, if you have the cash and are willing to mess with the
adjustments (sounds like a shorter stem needed, at least).  If after that
you find it doesn't work, I don't see how you would lose any money on a
resale.  You know what they go for.  Fix the braze-ons or not, as you
please.  My two cents.  Cheers, Steve