So I completely took the bar ends apart, since I changed her handlebars
from m'stache to alba's. Re-routed the cable and everything, but the
indexing still won't work. There are only 2 or 3 indexed spots on the high
end (and they skip gears) and then another 1 or 2 on the low end. It works
ok in friction mode, though. I just can't figure out what is wrong.
Everything is put together right. The happy thing, though, is that it works
ok in friction and the GF is not averse to using it that way. I'm still
puzzled what went wrong though...