I just took my spanking brand new 56cm double TT green Sam for its
first real drive....I own a Homer and have been wanting this bike for
awhile...All i can say is WOW!!!! I bought all new parts (of which
i've never had new) at Rivendell last Saturday, along with the frame
and brought it home to have my LBS build up...My first ride was along
the river for about 9 miles on a roughly paved pathway...The bumps and
divets seemed to melt away. I always smile at just how butter smooth
and quiet the shifting is with the dura ace bar end shifters on my
albatross bars.. I was thinking I would never like this Sam as much as
my Homer, but i have to say...i like it better so far - not sure if
that is partly "new bike syndrome" or not. I was also a bit leary
about the double TT, but it has really grown on me and i think it's
down right "cool" now. I even had 2 different sets of people tell me
how nice my bike looked. That never happened on my Homer. I will have
pics soon, but i have my basket on a marks rack on front, along with
my tan handlebar bag and honey brooks saddle (awesome look with the
green)...Anyone out there contemplating a Sam but wondering if it can
compare to a Homer...as far as I'm concerned....it absolutely