I have heard or read that wear is more of a problem with fewer teeth
and that that was why chainrings are usually al and cogs are usually
steel. That seemed pretty plausible when the small ring was 39 or 42
and the big cog was 21 or 25. When small rings are 24 or 26 and the
big cog is 32 or 34 or even 36, well not so much. Does it make sense
to use steel for sub 30t chainrings, or al for big (like maybe >28t)
cogs?