Hi Jeff,

I masked off everywhere but the cork with masking tape, plastic bags and
brown paper, so I kept the drips off the bike, and didn't have the occasion
to clean it off the bike's paint. It is easiest to clean up of course
before it dries, with a cloth moistened with alcohol. Not that that helps
you at *this* point.... I bet the shellac would come off before the paint
would though. Don't have any evidence at all to back that up, so try it on
an unexposed area first....

Rob in Seattle