I knew of Rivendell long before I bought my first Riv bicycle, but my first
direct experience was purchasing a Quickbeam for the 2006 Big Fix cross-country
fixed gear ride. I was looking for a bike that would be comfortable for
multiple long days in the saddle (1,760 miles from California to Kansas in 14
days), and the Quickbeam exceeded my expectations. We (the bike and I) went on
to ride Paris-Brest-Paris in 2007, and many brevets, centuries, and double
centuries. It's a marvelous bike that never fails to draw appreciative comments
from other riders.

--Eric N