One carbon fiber bike that might be interesting to try are Volagi
bikes. They started making steel versions of their bikes too.

Their target users are long distance riders. I think they will run
28mm tires with fenders and are more upright than pure racing bikes. I
would still prefer wider tires.

Toshi

Sent from my mobile device