Sounds like a great set of choices.   I've been very happy with  White Ind
Hubs, which I have on both my Ram & our tandem, and with the White  VBC
crank, which I have on the Ram.  Our tandem has a DaVinci Crank, which is
actually made by White and offers a good crank/spider/ring set up at a
price well below TA or even Compass.

As for brakes, I love side pulls but have no experience with the extra long
Silver version.  I have racerMs on the Ram & posted racers on the tandem,
both excellent. Good modulation and good stopping power.  There is a
learning curve on set up, but they seem to stay aligned very well & once
you get a feel for readjustment, it's pretty simple to reinstall them.  I
owe my life to a set of Paul's Canti brakes, so I'm definitely biased.
 Also I have become very partial to levers with a built in quick release-
Cane Creek, Tektro, Campy.  It makes working with center pull or canti
brakes a lot simpler.  The Cane Creek / Tektro especially mate well with
Paul's brakes.

Michael