Riv's MKS Grip King (Lambda) pedals are the best thing since Technomic
quills.  I can ride in my Merrell sandals and they stick like glue.  They
pedals are the final touch in my upright riding adjustment.  I have a
compression injury in my left knee from a car wreck when I was young.
 Riding on the ball of my foot on touring pedals limits the load my knee
can take, and can't get too aggressive on climbs - I live in the TX hill
country.   With the lambda pedals, I center on my arch and it unloads my
knee.  It required sliding my saddle forward almost by same mount - not
quite 2 centimeters.  This is combined with M-bars, but I can get as aero
as I'm interested in getting.  On my ride yesterday, I was hitting 40 mph
at the bottom of the hills, and when the chase group eased by me, I was
pacing 21 mph.