Quatro en Cruces! Bueno!

El Otro Marcos
From: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com [rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com] on
behalf of Mojo [gjtra...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 1:50 PM
To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [RBW] Re: Rivs by city

I have a friend in Mesilla, the adobe side of Las Cruces, that has an Atlantis.
He rides often on Snow Road, Shalem Colony, to the airport and beyond, and some
of the valley ditch banks.

Las Cruces is my previous hometown. Nowadays I am in Grand Junction CO where I
have heard there are a couple of Quickbeams and an Atlantis, but I have yet to
see them out and about. This probably says more about me and my chosen
lifestyle/solo riding than them. I have an AllRounder, Road custom, Quickbeam,
and Legolas.

I recently rode Ride the Rockies with 1999 other riders, and there were exactly
zero Rivendells on that ride. I had two grey haired men tell me they had one at
home, but they didn't want to ride heavy steel on such a demanding ride. I
thought buying into Rivendell philosophy, literally, would eliminate such
unintelligent thinking. My Riv Road was the perfect bike for 6 long days in the
saddle: it took 33mm tires for the rough roads and ~15 miles of dirt, it was
stable, predictable, comfortable.