I commuted on my Hillborne virtually every day I worked after I got it in
Feb 2010. I did mixed mode, bike/transit commuting for about 3 months
before taking a job closer to home when my bike-only commute was about 9
miles RT. Rain or shine, because if you let rain keep you off the bike in
Seattle the riding season can be damned short. I expect my Hunqapillar will
also be equal to the task. Fenders, hub dynamo, a decent rain jacket...
it's not so bad in a deluge and quite pleasant in the type of rain we
usually get here, the type my grandfather used to call "the kind of rain
you can work in all day and not get wet". My Riv is my only ready-to-ride
bike, but it's ready to ride anywhere, anytime, any weather.