Back when the mystery bike was still a mystery, Grant had thrown out a
clue, which I had wrongly guessed as meaning the inclusion of a
"Hammerschmidt" 2-speed derailleur-less crankset.  Well I wonder now
whether it might not be a bad experiment to try out the FSA Metropolis
Patterson crank on the mystery bike, since it requires no special ISG tab.
 In fact I just ordered a Metropolis crank for my SimpleOne, since I live
atop an intense Alp-d'huez-like climb...* (maybe I'll have to rename it
SimpleTwo.) *

So to my good buddy Tom A, if you would like (before I toss it on the S1),
we can try out the Metropolis on your MB...  let me know; once I get that
tiger-blood climbing gear on Charlie Sheen, I may never give it up...

Peace,
BB