Hi,

 I had turned off the list while I was on vacation but I had a great
time on vacation in japan. Alas I didn't get take any of my bikes with
me but I had an opportunity to ride a couple of rented bikes and an
afternoon bike tour while I was away. There's little riv-relationship
other than fantastic scenery and location but I wanted to share this
with folks who would appreciate it.

Pictures here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/skvidal/sets/72157631625589636/

I took a bike tour from these folks:
http://www.satoyama-cycling.com/

in the gifu prefecture of japan -the town is called hida-furukawa. The
tour ended up going all over the area and took about 4hours. As you
can see from the picture a fairly beautiful location. If anyone
happens to be in the area I'd recommend taking a tour from them. The
tour leader was fantastic and if you're japanese isn't very good,
don't worry, they speak english very well.

We biked up and down the region, refilled our water bottles from the
mouth of a mountain spring and then sat next to a shrine and watched a
storm start to roll into the area. It was kinda great.

if I had one of my own bikes I'm sure it would have been slightly more
comfortable but as it was, it was still pretty great.

thanks,
-sv