I don't think you can generalize that big hands will like big drop bars,
and that anybody who isn't comfortable in deep drops isn't fit right.  I'm
a big guy (6'3") with big hands, and I like the contemporary "short and
shallow" bars.

In my experience, bars are like saddles--an intensely personal choice that
can vary even between folks of similar body type.