Was at CicLAvia today in LA and most bikes were big-box dept store bikes,
or 80's universal Japanese bikes. A generalization of course, but sort of
seemed that way. One rider was pacing me and finally passed by saying he
was just trying to get a good look at my bike. That was after I almost
swerved into him of course. LOTS of bike baskets. Front and rear, male and
female, everybody had baskets, which of course is cool. No fenders, but
this is LA...

I did see a gentleman riding a Rambouillet. I was a bit slow on the uptake
and didn't get a pic, and he was too far away for me to start hollering
"Nice bike!!!" But wow did that bike stand out. It was the orange one and
it was just glowing it was so nice.

A real fun day that I got to spend with 100,000 of my closest cycling
friends:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclotourist/sets/72157631717147223/with/8064939352/

Will need to spark up a SoCal Riv-Ride soon!

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 8:44 PM, Michael_S <mikeybi...@rocketmail.com> wrote:

> you've led a sheltered life Doug, Woodrup's are very nice British made
> lugged steel bikes that have been made for over 50 years.
> http://www.woodrupcycles.com/frames.html
>
> I wish I saw more lugged steel bikes down here along the San Diego
> coast... almost everyone is on carbon fiber with tri bars.  Oh. I see the
> occasional Surly, but Riv's are rarer than hen's teeth.
>
> ~mike
> Carlsbad Ca.
>

>>  --
> For more options, visit this group at

Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

**
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby
can't chew it." -*Mark Twain*