I do ride alot at night but not for hours at a time and have found my
MiNewt 250 light with Gino mount to be a great fit. Even on the lowest
setting it is bright enough to light up a dark bike path and will run for
about 3 hours. Now take into consideration I am in NYC where it is rarely
ever "pitch black".  on the brightest setting the light is crazy bright,
which i only use in high traffic situations to make sure I am seen. It is
defintely a "see and be seen light". Best part for me is tha it has a built
in batter, which makes it kinda large but I dont have to run any wires or
anything like that.  It was not a cheap light at 90 bucks but it charges in
5 hours, is sealed up tight to stop dirt and water and mounts securely.